Cyclop 1.0 is an OCR (optical character recognition) software meaning that it can transform images with text into editable text. Cyclop's design emphasizes simplicity and ease of use.
easyDone Cyclop 1.0 is: easy&fast to install, easy to use, accurate, and can process loads of image files in no time!
It has support for 20 languages and counting:
Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
Cyclop 1.0 has a powerfull optical character recognition (OCR) software in a nice user friendly interface and contains tools for the preprocessing phase: ImageEditor, for the processing phase: main Cyclop program and for the postprocessing phase: TextEditor.
ImageEditor provides methods and filters to improve the picture and prepare it for the ImageConverter by removing speckels, removing skew, cleaning the background noise, sharpening edges etc.
TextEditor contains means of formatting the text obtained from the images (html and non-html formatting) and can be used to export the formatted text in the following file formats:
* Document | extension: .doc
* Excel | extension: .xls
* Rich Text Format | extension: rtf
* OpenDocument Text | extension: .odt
* Hyper Text Markup Language | extension: .html
* Extensible Markup Language | extension: .xml
And last, but not least, it can export the text as Blob (binary large object) for the following popular databases:
* Microsoft SQL Server
Cyclop 1.0 can be used to import images from the following image file formats:
* BMP (Bitmap | extension: .bmp)
* EMF (Enhanced Metafile | extension: .emf)
* EXIF (Exchangeable Image File | extension: .exif)
* GIF (Graphics Interchange Format | extension: .gif)
* JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group | extension: .jpeg)
* PNG (Portable Network Graphics | extension: .png)
* TIFF (Tagged Image File Format | extension: .tif)
* WMF (Windows Metafile | extension: .wmf)
Additionally, it has support for database import from the following popular databases:
* Microsoft SQL Server.
Importting from the Portable Document Format (PDF) is also possible.
Platform Windows 95/98/ME
Operating Systems Windows 95/98/ME,Windows NT/2000,Windows XP,Windows NT/2000/2003/SBS2003,Windows Vista,Windows 7
Date added 23 Dec 2009
Last Updated 24 Jan 2011
Tags ocr, optical character recognition, easydone, image to text, snapshot to text, image converter, cyclop