- runs any application[s] on a clean system (without system shell !!!)
- controls what applications can be started
- protects kids and computer
The program is generally designed for two purposes:
- To run applications on a clean system. Running anything on a clean system (without system shell such as Explorer) has many benefits: more memory, bigger stability and often better performance. Gate Keeper allows to create a list of items (programs, multimedia clips, documents....). During system startup a dialog appears. -From then you can start Windows normally or run any set of items on a clean system.
- To restrict access to the system. You can create program groups. Each group has its own password. During system startup the user is asked for password. If the user knows only a group's password, it will be only possible to run item(s) from the group on a clean system (so it is impossible to run anything else). Administrator's password gives access to all items or system, and system password gives access to the system.