As the industry standard in terms of Process, Service and Lifecycle Management for IT, the ITIL Foundation exam is the most popular entry-level certification, particularly for individuals switching from another career to IT. This kit prepares you for the certification exam by offering valuable information on the ITIL® framework, ITIL® certification and IT Service Management as a practice. This certification kit contains both the study guide and access to our online program that together provides everything you need to prepare for the ITIL® 2011 Foundation certification exam, including:
- Real-world scenarios that describe what you've learned in the context of service solutions. These include thought-provoking questions to challenge your thinking and understanding.
- Section reviews for each chapter to help you zero in on what you need to know and practice exam questions.
- A Real-World Guide to ITIL® 2011 Skills. Key information and real-world examples organized around the actual day-to-day tasks and challenges you'll face in the field of IT Service Management.
- Ability to assess what you've learned with challenging ITIL® Foundation exam style questions.
- Adobe Flash presentations that you can view and replay as many times as required, facilitated by certified ITIL® trainers who explain each of the topics and concepts of ITIL®.
- Materials developed on the specific syllabus and exam criteria – so that you can be confident in achieving exam success on your first attempt.
This new Expanded and Updated edition includes:
- Content updated to match syllabus 4 - processes and other content areas all provided for in both the book and elearning presentations
- More in-depth exam prep, e.g. answer guides for all exam questions
- More content depth in a number of areas
- The ITIL 2011 Foundation course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework;
- Individuals who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted the ITIL framework and who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT Management, IT Consultants, Help Desk Officers, Business managers, Service Desk and IT Support Staff
Which ITIL® concepts are covered in this course?
The 2011 Foundation Certificate enables participants to understand the basic terms, concepts and relationships between the ITIL® processes and functions.
- The Service Lifecycle
- Essential terminology
- Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Processes: Financial Management for IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management
- Service Design
- Design Coordination & Service Level Management
- Service Catalog Management & Supplier Management
- Capacity Management and Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management & Information Security Management
- Service Transition, Transition Planning & Support and Knowledge Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Operation
- Service Desk
- Other Functions
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfilment & Access Management
- Continual Service Improvement
- The Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Service Automation
There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation prgoram but a basic IT literacy and knowledge of IT services is desirable.
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 18.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are also quizzes and exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice APMG examination.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details to the eLearning course are in the book.
- Multimedia presentations;
- Downloadable resources (PDF documents)
- End of module review questions to assess your content knowledge; and
- A full 40 question sample exam to assist in your exam preparation.
About the Examination:
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 18 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Foundation book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 60 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
- Pass score is 26/40 or 65%
Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 18
Is this course accredited?
Yes! APMG/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
- Read the book, took the online course and test, PASSED.
- This ITIL® exam prep book and course are an invaluable study aid for passing the ITIL® Foundation exam. Highly recommended.
- I've been an IS project manager for over 10 years. I've studied ITIL® materials in preparation, but took no courses or workshops. I studied this book and its accompanying course for 10 days immediately preceding my exam. Read the book about 3 times.
- I took the ITIL® Foundation exam and got 98% of the questions correct. I think that the study tips in the book and course helped me get about 15-20 questions right that I might have otherwise missed. (your mileage may vary).
- The book and course made me confident in sitting the exam, and is the best such book that I've come across.
- Worth it especially since you have access to the online learning component asv well.
- Good focus on ITIL®'s processes (things important to ITIL® Foundation and passing the test that your experience in IT may not help you)
- Highly recommended, I passed in one go!