Idruna's Photogenics software is an exciting new graphics package for Windows, Linux, and AmigaOS. It allows you to create stunning images, either from scratch or by modifying existing pictures. Use this software for everything from simple file conversion, to advanced photo manipulation and re-touching. Photogenics comes with realistic and extremely easy-to-use media such as pencils, chalk and watercolours, which allow you to create your masterpieces in minutes.
At the core of Photogenics is an innovative software process, which allows you to maintain a free, flowing rhythm while you work. Nothing you draw is fixed in place until you say so: draw, rub out, and tweak until you find perfection. With this level of artistic freedom, you'll be able to experiment like never before.
- Unparalleled Creativity Levels: Real-time modification of colour, transparency, image processing mode, and artwork positioning.
- Realistic Media Tools: Airbrush, Chalk, Pencil, Sponge, Watercolour, Smudge and Smear designed to look and feel good using a standard mouse.
- Exclusive Paint Layer Technology: Mistakes may be rubbed out without having to redo the parts you like, using a "fade out" technique with the right mouse button.
- Paint-on Image Processing: You can apply over 80 effects simply by drawing with any of the media tools. Airbrush everything on and off for instant touch-ups without the need for tedious masking.
- Stunning Paint-On Pyrotechnics: Lens-flares, fire, and explosion effects can be combined with smear to produce supernovas, waves of fire, and even sunsets and waterfalls.
- Invaluable Web Designer Tools: HTML colour display and entry, plus the time saving "Save for the Web' requestor, which allows the fine tuning of graphics for the Internet. You receive an interactive preview of what the image looks like after being compressed, which allows you to choose the best compromise between image quality and download times.
- Advanced Alpha Channel Support: Use any open image as a mask, or simply paint one straight onto the image. Updates to the Alpha channel, such as brush strokes, are reflected on the main image in real time.
- 24-bit Alpha Channels: Create awesome effects by loading in a 24-bit Alpha channel and using it to mask image-processing effects. Only Photogenics lets you use colour Alpha channels, which enable you to independently mask each of the red, green, and blue channels. Paint and then view the updates to each channel. (Shades of grey produce masking as normal.)
- Text Tool: Finally, just drag a box where you want the text, and type it straight onto any paint layer. Supports scalable fonts and can anti-alias the text for superior results.
- Impressive Colour Selection Facilities: Photogenics comes with five colour choosers, RGB and HSV sliders, HTML display and input, and support for 256-colour swatches. You can also pick colours from Images using the Colour Picker tool. When in Experiment mode, what you have painted is redrawn to reflect the new colour in real time.
- Undo/Redo System: You are allowed to go back as far as you specify, so that you have the power of both undo styles.
- Unlimited Number of Layers: Easy-to-use layers allow fast image composition and amazing possibilities.
- Innovative and Clutter-free User Interface: The UI is font sensitive and user scaleable. GUI components can be docked/undocked, and positioned wherever you please for maximum flexibility.
- Fully Multi-threaded: Never be kept waiting as Photogenics responds instantly to your requests, even while operations are in progress.
- Multiple Views: Have as many views of an image as you like, each with its own magnification level.
- Transparency Gradients: Changes the Filled Rectangle/Ellipse/Polygon tools to apply smooth graduations. Enables you to produce very subtle and sophisticated effects where the look builds up gradually from top-to-bottom, left-to-right, etc.
- Thumbnail Image File Requesto