Create a Home Budget in 5 minutes each month and avoid over/under spending and over/under saving. This software allows users to create a balance between spending and saving so you can enjoy life better and make better financial decisions.
Categories for spending allow you to spend freely until you reach the limit and then wait for the next month. Savings categories allow you to save for a specific purpose rather than a general savings category in your bank account. Rollover savings allows savings to accumulate in buckets that rollover each month until you decide to spend, for example, rollover savings for a car, travel, big ticket item, house renovation etc.
Here is how it works:-
1. User is prompted to enter the "take-home" (say 8,400) amount for the month
2. User creates "Budget Categories" (like Home rent, car payment, electric bill, Eat out, clothes shopping etc.) and assign "spending limit" to each
3. User creates "Saving Categories" (like Vacation to Europe, college fund, save for a house, save for a car etc.) and assigns "saving amount" to each
4. "Unallocated Amount" is shown that allows rebalancing between spending and saving and a balanced budget is achieved when it is down to 0
5. Print Budget and start using it
6. "Enter actual spending" against each category to keep track of expenses against assigned limits. Controls spending.
7. See 'Accumulated savings" grow so they can be used for the assigned purpose.
8. Each month, copy categories automatically to next month and track.
Note:- This is by Ideatalent LLC based in Fairfax, VA and these apps are being used by thousands of users to manage their day-to-day data.
Platform Windows XP
Operating Systems Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 7
Date added 6 Oct 2011
Last Updated 4 Jan 2012
Tags home budget, create budget, budget software, manage home finances, manage spending, track savings, track finances, manage income and expenses